[ES-Fire-EMS] BLS TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT
merrittrandi at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 22:12:51 EDT 2008
Course: Emergency Medical Technician- Basic
Location: Northampton Fire & Rescue (Station 16)
Class Meets: Monday/Tuesday
Start Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 1800 hours
State Exam: January, 2009 (TBA)
Course Coordinator: Diane Crockett (999-2025) email: 2crocketts at verizon.net
Assisting Faculty: Randi Merritt
Registration Period: May 30-July 15, 2008, or until maximum enrollment is reached, absolutely no registrations will be accepted after the July 15th deadline.
Maximum Enrollment: 30 students (Virginia OEMS regulations)
Course Fees: There is a $25.00 fee to cover the cost of incidental course expenses. Textbook fees are graciously covered by the Eastern Shore EMS Council for students who are/will be affiliating with a local EMS agency.
Course Prerequisites: (Contact Course Coordinator with specific questions)
(1) Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
(2) Must be a minimum of 16 years of age as of the first day of class (08/04/08). Students under the age of 18 must also obtain parental/guardian permission to attend the course.
(3) Have no physical/mental impairment which would render the student incapable of performing the skills of an EMT-B.
(4) Must have a valid CPR (health care provider or equivalent) card at the beginning of the course. Students must also have a valid card upon beginning the state testing process.
(5) Must not have been convicted of a felony or other crime which would render the student ineligible to obtain state certification (further information available from coordinator).
(6) Must be clean and neat in appearance.
Note: For students not having a valid CPR card, a BLS-Healthcare Provider Course will be offered on Monday, June 23 and Monday, July 14, 2008 at Northampton Fire and Rescue at 1800 hours. This is a separate class and students will be charged an additional fee for that program.
EMT-B Class Registration Process
(1) Submit the attached application including copies of CPR card and proof of age if applicant under the age of 18.
(2) Submit a check in the amount of $25.00 payable to Diane Crockett.
(3) Mail all documents to:
P.O. Box 54
Eastville, Virginia 23347
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ES-Fire-EMS